Need a fun activity to get in the Christmas spirit? There are so many different (and usually free) events to attend this time of year. Below is a list of the top 10 holiday festivals in Dallas for 2014.
Top 10 Christmas Celebrations near Dallas, Texas
- 12 days of Christmas at the Dallas Arboretum is being called “Dallas’ Newest Tradition”. The 12 Days of Christmas is on display at the Dallas Arboretum from November 16 – January 4. Admission to the park is $15 for Adults, $10 for children and $12 for seniors. Admission is free for members. More Info.
- Dallas City Lights Festival takes place in downtown Dallas at Main Street Garden Park, this festival kicks off the holiday season with family-friendly events and concerts. Activities begin at 3pm on Saturday, November 22. More Info.
- Sparkle! Christmas at the Anatole runs from November 28 – January 4. This event has an abundant list of activities including ice skating, holiday light shows, bounce houses, storytelling, food trucks and live entertainment. Admission is $19.95 for adults and $15.95 for kids and seniors. Admission prices include skate rentals. More Info.
- Vitruvian Lights in Addison kicks off November 28 at 6pm with the lighting of the park, followed by a live concert by The Jordan Kahn Music Company until 10pm. Admission and parking is free. This event features free photos with Santa. Event dates: November 28 – January 1. More Info.
- Farmer’s Branch Christmas Tour of Lights is a free drive thru light tour that opens on November 28. The driving tour begins at i35 and Valley View and ends in the Farmer’s Branch Historical Park each night from 6:30-9:30pm. Event dates: November 28 – December 30; Closed December 6 & 25. More info.
- Holiday in the Park at Six Flags Over Texas, runs from November 28 – December 30. Ride roller coasters, sit on Santa’s lap, enjoy holiday shows, sled down a snow hill and enjoy over 1 million twinkling lights. Tickets are $49.99/person online, $64.99 at the gate, free with Season Pass. More Info.
- Texas Gift of Lights at Texas Motor Speedway is a drive thru park with over 600 LED light displays. Open Thanksgiving through New Years Day. Admission is $20 per vehicle. Save $5 by dropping off a toy at the Toys for Tots Donation Center at the gate. More info.
- Prairie Lights is a 2 mile stretch of over 4 million lights located in Grand Prairie. Admission is $20 per vehicle Monday through Thursday and $30 per vehicle Friday – Sunday and holidays. This park is open daily from Thanksgiving through New Years Day. More Info.
- Frisco’s Christmas in the Square will take place on November 28 – January 3. Check out their website for a list of this year’s daily activities. Admission is free, certain activities not included. More Info.
- Home for the Holidays… A McKinney Christmas will be held on Friday, November 28 and Saturday, November 29 from 10am – 8pm. This event will feature many family activities, food and entertainment with a tree lighting ceremony at 6pm and candlelight shopping starting at 8pm. More Info.