Need a fun activity to get in the Christmas spirit? There are so many different (and usually free) events to attend this time of year. Below is a list of the top holiday celebrations and festivals in or near Dallas for 2015.
Best CHRISTMAS CELEBRATIONS NEAR DALLAS, TEXAS for 2015
Happening This weekend:
- Children’s Health Christmas Parade – December 5. Pre-parade activities begin at 8am. More info.
- Celebrate the Holidays at Klyde Warren Park – December 5 from 12pm – 6pm. More info.
- Reliant Light Your Holidays – December 5. Festivities start at 5:30pm. More info.
- Farmer’s Branch Christmas Tree Lighting – Saturday, December 5, 2015. Free Admission. Gates open at 6:30 pm. More info.
- Holiday Delights at Fair Park – Thursday, December 3-5. More info.
Happening All Season Long:
- Downtown Wonderland – takes place in downtown Dallas at Main Street Garden Park, every weekend with family-friendly events and concerts. Now through December 31. More info.
- 12 days of Christmas at the Dallas Arboretum through January 3. Admission to the park is $20 for Adults, $10 for children and $15 for seniors. Admission is discounted for members. More info.
- Vitruvian Lights in Addison host live concerts every Saturday until January 1. Admission and parking is free. This event features free photos with Santa. More info.
- Farmer’s Branch Christmas Tour of Lights. A free drive thru light tour through Farmer’s Branch. The driving tour begins at i35 and Valley View and ends in the Farmer’s Branch Historical Park each night from 6:30-9:30pm. Event dates: November 27 – December 30; Closed December 5 & 25. More info.
- Holiday in the Park at Six Flags Over Texas, runs through January 3. Ride roller coasters, sit on Santa’s lap, enjoy holiday shows, sled down a snow hill and enjoy over 1 million twinkling lights. Tickets are $48.99/person online, $62.99 at the gate, free with Season Pass. More info.
- Texas Gift of Lights at Texas Motor Speedway is a drive thru park with over 600 LED light displays. Open daily through New Years Eve. Admission is $25 per vehicle. Save $5 by dropping off a toy at the Toys for Tots Donation Center at the gate. Check their Facebook page for daily admission deals! More info.
- Prairie Lights is a 2 mile stretch of over 4 million lights located in Grand Prairie. Admission is $20 per vehicle Monday through Thursday and $35 per vehicle Friday – Sunday and on holidays. This park is open daily through January 3. More info.
- Frisco’s Christmas in the Square takes place through January 2. Check out their website for a list of this year’s daily activities. Admission is free, certain activities not included. More Info.
- Deerfield Christmas Lights Tour located in Plano, this community prides itself on being the best lit neighborhood in North Texas. Drive through, take a carriage ride or a Segway tour any night of the week from December 1 – December 30! More info.
- Lonestar Christmas at the Gaylord Texan continues through January 3 with 2 million plus twinkling lights, the ICE exhibit, snow tubing and more. More info.